Join ACPA members at task force meetings to further the association's strategic objectives. Opportunities for fellowship, networking, and fun will follow at our Concrete “Beach Bash” Theme Reception on Marriott's North Beach. Plus, we have an exciting program for spouses/guests, optional activities, and a guide to help you take advantage of the very best Fort Lauderdale has to offer.
On Thursday, CPU will feature construction project and technology stories from around the country. Eight breakout sessions will cover: performance engineered mixtures, alternative cement-based pavement solutions, concrete paving & repair material considerations, construction & jointing issues, big project stories, silica dust, and concrete paving in the future.
On Thursday evening, join us to honor the organizations and people involved in award winning paving projects from across the country. Following a reception and photo session, we'll formally recognize award recipients at the 29th Annual Excellence in Concrete Pavement Awards dinner banquet.
7:00 am - 4:00 pm Event Registration
7:00 am - 8:00 am Continental Breakfast – Ocean Salon I
A continental breakfast will be provided in the meeting room for those attending the ACPA Chapter/State Committee meeting.
8:00 am - 12:00 pm Chapter/State Committee Meeting – Ocean Salon I
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Luncheon – Ocean View Terrace
Noon - 5:30 pm Golf Outing (Optional Activity)
All guests are welcome to sign up for the 1:00 pm shotgun golf outing at nearby Jacaranda Golf Club. This is great opportunity to meet up with old friends or entertain your clients while enjoying beautiful Florida views, weather and the trees that gave this course its name! A bus will transport you to and from the golf course. (Add-on activity when registering)
Noon - 5:00 pm Airboat Tour and Alligator Show (Optional Activity)
Climb aboard an airboat for an invigorating tour through the Everglades,! You’ll encounter wildlife and take in a live gator show featuring Gator Boys Alligator Rescue Team from Animal Planet’s Hit TV series. A bus will transport you to and from the park. (Add-on activity when registering)
7:00 am – 5:00 pm Event Registration
7:00 am – 8:00 am Buffet Breakfast – Ocean View Terrace
7:00 am – 10:00 am Emerging Leaders Breakfast & Meeting (by invitation) – Clearwater/Orlando
A special session for emerging leaders to continue working on their priorities for growing the depth and breadth of our industry. Meeting is by invitation, but if you are interested in attending please ask at registration.
8:00 am – 9:45 am
RCC Task Force – Key West/Palm Beach
8:00 am – 9:45 am Airport Task Force – Ocean Salon III
8:00 am – 9:45 am Asset Management Task Force – Ocean Salon I
9:45 am – 10:15 am BREAK
10:15 am – 12:00 pm
Design Task Force – Ocean Salon III
10:15 am – 12:00 pm Jointing Task Force – Ocean Salon I
11:30 am – 2:30 pm Special “Shooters Waterfront” Luncheon (For Spouses/Guests)
Join other registered spouses and guests for a special luncheon at the Shooters Waterfront, which proudly embodies the memories and historic spirit of good times, great food and incredible views of the Intracoastal Waterway. Shooters is a destination restaurant with a modern look and new menu serving as Ft. Lauderdale’s best take on waterfront dining. (Included with Spouse/Guest registration.)
12:00 pm – 1:20 pm Luncheon (with Annual Meeting of the Members) – Ocean Salon II & IV
Enjoy lunch followed by a short update on progress the Association has made in 2018.
1:20 pm – 1:30 pm BREAK1:30 pm – 2:45 pm Legislative Issues Committee (*Must Join AIM to Attend) – Ocean Salon I & III
The Committee will address matters related to the association’s efforts in Washington DC. 2:45 pm – 3:00 pm BREAK 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Strategic Advisory Committee (Business Session) – Ocean Salon I & III
The committee hosts an annual forum allowing contractors and other members to gain insight and perspective on important issues facing the industry – all attendees are welcome. Presiding: Greg McCormick, Northern Improvement; Chairman, Strategic Advisory Comm.
- Summary of Task Force Progress
- 2018 Intern Program Review
- Reports of “New and Neat” resources available to the members
New Promotion Strategies and Plan for the Industry Leaders of the Association and our partners will discuss an exciting new plan for promotion of concrete pavements and related cement-based paving solutions. All members are encouraged to attend this plenary session and celebration of a new endeavor for the Association! 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm Concrete “Beach Bash” Theme Reception
(All Registrants, Guest & Spouses Welcome) – On North Beach Our Beach Bash reception will be a can’t miss event during the 55th Annual Meeting. :Put on your shorts and let the sand get between your toes while you enjoy the beach party atmosphere on the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort’s private shoreline. Steel drum music, coconut bowling and other fun beach activities will add new memories and plenty of selfie ops while catching up with friends and colleagues from ACPA.
After the awards breakfast, select from among eight interesting concurrent CPU technical sessions…
7:00 am – 3:00 pm Event Registration
7:00 am – 8:15 am Awards Breakfast (Spouse/Guests Welcome) – Ocean View Terrace
CPU 1 – What Contractors Need to Know About Performance Engineered Mixtures – Ocean Salon I
Presentation and discussion will review:
- The latest data
- Results from 2018 field trails
- Updates on test methods and procedures
- Growth of RCC in United States – Corey Zollinger, PE, Director - Paving Solutions; CEMEX
- Cement Stabilization and Full-Depth Reclamation Market – Andrew Moss, Senior Market Intelligence Analyst; PCA
- Performance Review of Precast Pavements in California – Tom Van Dam, PE, PhD, Principal; NCE (invited)
10:00 am – 10:30 am BREAK10:30 am – 12:00 pm
CPU Breakout 3 – Concrete Paving & Repair Material Considerations – Ocean Salon I
- Shear Cracking Phenomena/Solutions and Joint Sealant Issues in PA – John Becker, PE, President; Pennsylvania Chapter – ACPA
- New Data on Fiber-Reinforced Concrete Overlays – Dan Biddle, Vice President of Sales; Forta Corporation
- Durable Cast-in-Place Concrete for Patching – Mark Fightmaster, Paving Specialist Admixtures Systems; BASF (invited)
- The Largest Dowel Alignment Field Testing Study – Tyson Rupnow, PE, PhD, Associate Director, Louisiana Transportation Research Center
- Concrete Pavement Joint Sawing Study – Jim Crovetti, PhD, Director of Transportation Research Center; Marquette University
- The Latest “MIT Scan” Equipment for Locating Dowels – Garry Aicken, PE, Technical Manager; KSE Testing Equipment
10:30 am – 1:00 pm Board of Directors Meeting (Lunch Provided) – Key West/Palm Beach
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm BUFFET LUNCHEON – Ocean View Terrace1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
CPU Breakout 5 – Big Project Stories – Ocean Salon I
- FoxConn & Zoo Interchange...Cheesehead Paving on Steroids – Wisconsin DOT (invited)
- 20-Mile Unbonded Overlay on I-85, North Carolina – McCarthy Improvement (invited)
- Ft. Lauderdale Florida Fast Track Keel Replacement – Kimley Horn (invited)
- Smoothness Profiling Considerations for Urban and Low-Speed Concrete Pavements – Steve Karamihas, Senior Research Specialist; University of Michigan
- Blow-ups: The Enigma of the Concrete Paving Industry – Mitzi McIntyre, PE, Technical Sales Engineer; CTS Cement; Angela Folkestad, PE, Executive Director; Colorado-Wyoming Chapter—ACPA; Kevin McMullen, PE, President; Wisconsin Concrete Pavement Association
- Shedding New Light on Profiler Measurement of Localized Roughness – Steve Karamihas, Senior Research Specialist; University of Michigan
2:30 pm – 3:00 pm BREAK3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
CPU Breakout 7 – Silica Dust in the Real World – Ocean Salon I
Presentation and Roundtable Panel Discussion will review:
- Silica Dust Rule Enforcement
- Dust Disposal Considerations
- OSHA & EPA Perspectives
- What Functionality Will the Highways of the Future Have? A Perspective from the Autonomous Vehicle Industry – Speaker TBD
- A State DOT Perspective on Highways of the Future! – Speaker TBD
- How Can ACPA Members Build the Highways of the Future? A Facilitated Roundtable Discussion – Dan Rozycki, President; The Transtec Group Inc.; Feng Mu, PE, PhD, Sr. Pavement Engineer; PNA Construction Technologies
The 55th Annual Meeting closes with the gala reception and excellence in paving awards banquet…
5:00 pm – 6:30 pm Awards Banquet Registration – Ocean Foyer
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm Awards Photo Session – Ocean Foyer
Opportunity for professional photographs of award winning teams. Instructions with photo times are sent to team leaders prior to the event.
5:45 pm - 6:30 pm Awards Gala Reception – Ocean Terrace
This semi-formal gala event provides an opportunity to congratulate award winners as well as meet old friends and new ones, too. Join us for refreshments as we anticipate CONCRETE Celebrations!
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm “Excellence in Concrete Pavements” Awards Dinner – Ocean Ballroom
The program is our biggest annual celebration of “award-winning” pavement projects from around the country and the companies responsible for them. We also witness the traditional “passing of the gavel” and recognize the winner of the 2018 Hartmann-Hirschman-Egan Award, our most prestigious recognition of an individual for their dedication, commitment, and service to the industry.
Includes admission on Tuesday through Thursday to all meetings, meals, the "Beach Bash" reception, concrete pavement university, and the paving awards reception & banquet.
Member $880 | Non-Member $1,100
Includes admission on Thursday to all meals, concrete pavement university, and the awards reception & banquet.
Member $720 | Non-Member $900
Includes admission on Thursday to breakfast, lunch, and concrete pavement university.
Member $480 | Non-Member $600
Includes admission to the paving awards reception & banquet on Thursday evening.
Member $240 | Non-Member $300
Includes admission for a spouse-guest to the WED "Beach Bash" reception, WED special "Shooters Waterfront" luncheon, THURS awards breakfast, and the THURS paving awards banquet & reception.
Member $440 | Non-Member $550
Includes admission for a spouse-guest to the paving awards banquet & reception.
Member $240 | Non-Member $300